For My Husband – Former Pastor

My husband, a former Pastor, has given up his church and moved out…saying he is tired of fighting the devil….yes, there is more to this story…too much to put her, but basically it all boils down to him wanting to give up this Christian Life and live in the world. He has filed for divorce and me and my children are totally devastated, along with our church, in which I still attend.  We were married 15 years, have 2 children 9 and 12.  Please pray that God will have mercy on him and lead him back to where he belongs and where God wants him. Thanks so much.

Sherry

7 comments for “For My Husband – Former Pastor

1. January 27, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Praying for your husband, may God have His way and will.

2. January 27, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Sherry saying a prayer for you. I am from a church where the pastor fell away, he eventually returned and asked for forgiveness (not to return to the church, but returned to apologize). I will be praying for your husband, for your marriage and your children.

3. January 27, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Praying for your husband and you.

4. January 29, 2009 at 6:06 AM

I’ll pray for you, Sherry.

5. pia
    February 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Lord, i pray that you remove the blinders from sherry’s husband’s eyes. i pray that he will have eyes to see their situation the way you see them, Lord, this person is being deceived by the enemy big time. i ask you, Father, that you set him free from the grip of the enemy. Lord, i pray for strength for the wife and children. thank you, Lord, that you are going to move in their situation. thank you for the miracles and breakthroughs you’re about to perform in sherry’s life and marriage. i ask all these, in Jesus’ name, amen.

6. Leigh Anne
    February 4, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Sherry, My heart goes out to you because I have almost been in your shoes. My husband was a deacon in our church when he left our family for another interest. It was devastating to our church as well. Can I give you hope that God will take care of you. Though you may feel alone and brokenhearted lean on God every moment.
    It may be a very long road ahead for you but you will make it. Even after praying and trying for 2 years after my divorce my husband wouldn’t come back to restore our family. For whatever reason God later placed a very sweet Christian man whom had been through the same thing in my life. We were married and are very happy.

I don’t tell you this story so that you will be more affraid of the possible outcomes, but to encourage you that God has good things for you and with patience he will some day reveal it to you. God bless you and your children.

7. Linda Grier-Hughes
    March 2, 2009 at 1:15 PM

I have not experienced your problem, however asa pastor’s wife and my friendship with others who are PW’s I know what you are feeling is difficult. Women in the church treaat me much differently than my husband…he can do NO WRONG. I feel like a gofer, even slave girl sometimes.To be honest if it happened to me I would not be shocked, but I be VERY hurt.