A Letter from Candace

Hi Friends!

As you may have noticed, I don’t have a Q & A posted this month. Instead, I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you some exciting things that are happening in my life!

If you didn’t see recently on the AOL home page, entertainment news,  Facebook, MySpace or my website page…. I signed on to do a new television series called “Perfect 10” for the ABC Family Channel! “Make It or Break It” is a one hour drama that follows a group of teen Olympic hopefuls as they train and prepare for their day in the spotlight. My character (yet to be named) will be the step-mom to one of the gymnasts.

I’m really looking forward to being back on television and on a show I hope will be as family friendly as Full House. As an actor, I don’t have much say in what is written in the script or what the story lines will be, but I’m sure the producers will be open to hearing our thoughts. I do know, that because this show is based around a group of teenagers, there will most likely be topics that may not be suitable for young children. As moms, we  must use discretion and discernment with all things on TV regardless of the network it’s on or the time of day it airs.

As most of you know, I’ve devoted the last 10 years to staying home and raising my kids. Being a wife and a mother are two of the most important things in my life and they will always come first. So why the sudden change of heart, to go back to work? I could just blame it on the economy….. 😉 but actually the desire to act has never left me. I willfully laid down that desire to follow God’s path for my life which meant putting my acting career on the back burner for a while. All I’ve wanted is to just be in God’s will, no matter what that has meant; even giving up dreams. But God doesn’t place those dreams and desires in our hearts for nothing. It’s just been a matter of His timing to allow them to happen. Since my husband retired from hockey a few years ago and is a stay at home dad, that has allowed me to travel and speak across the country sharing my faith in churches and at conferences. Once that started happening, through prayer and discussion, did Val and I decide that going back to work may be a possibility should God open up those doors again.

And boy did He swing them wide open! The past year and a half has been a rolling snowball of speaking events, interviews, talk shows, radio, movies, books and television. To be honest, we were quite surprised how fast it’s all happened. We are so excited as a family and yet we are diligently staying in the Word to discern God’s path and not be lead astray by the glittering stars and lights.

As we move into a new season in our lives, would you consider being a prayer warrior for us? If you are inclined, please pray for a smooth transition to Los Angeles, for witnessing opportunities and to reflect the heart of Jesus to those who don’t know him. I would also ask that you keep the show “Make It or Break It” in prayer, specifically for family friendly content. While I may not agree with everything the show portrays, or agree with all the council the writers may give the characters, please know that I will be giving my best efforts in hopes that Hollywood would hear the voice of conservative parents.

I look forward to keeping you posted on the show, especially our premier date in June 22nd! If you’re interested in keeping up with me and my family in more detail, consider friend requesting me on Facebook or MySpace at Candace Cameron Bure or keep checking my website for updates and blogs! If you’d like to be added as a prayer warrior to my email prayer request list, just email me at email@candacecameronbure.net and in the subject line put “Prayer Warrior”.

Have a blessed month of April, and most importantly, remember that our Savior not only died for our sin, but rose again!!! He is risen!! Happy Easter!

Blessings,

Visit Candid Candace for her monthly column.

15 comments for “A Letter from Candace

1. April 1, 2009 at 9:53 AM

God bless you, Candice! I will be praying for you, for the show, and for your family.

2. April 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Can’t wait to see how God moves in your life through this. Awesome!

3. April 1, 2009 at 8:20 PM

How exciting! I can’t wait to see the new show! You & your family are in my prayers. I loved watching you in Full House and I’m sure you’ll be great in whatever you choose to do!

4. April 2, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Lots of blessings to you and your family!
    God has placed us in the et industry ‘for such a time as this’…for His purposes… let us be good stewards 🙂

5. marcy b. silver spring, maryland
    April 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM

That is great ! Stay home at relax and eat more healthier foods. Come around when you can.

July 2009, a 30th Reunion event is just around after the weekend of 4th.

I will be a wrap for whatever I need but always be around for you or anyone else.

6. April 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Thank you Candace for being so Godly. You have been a role model for me since I was 12 years old. Now, at age 31, I find you to be so encouraging and your commitment to God really gets deep into my life & makes me wonder and want to get closer to God. There is a reason God has you on the t.v., it may be for the entire world, or it maybe just so he could use you, to get to me. In any case, I think it’s the later, because I began to feel a push towards God, especially after I read information from you and after seeing you on t.v.
    Thank you. 🙂

7. Katarina
    April 4, 2009 at 11:29 AM

This is such great news that such a positive and upbeat entertainer is returning to television. I grew up and loved watching “Full House”. It was such a great show and very positive. It is wonderful news that such a positive and upbeat entertainer is returning to television. I will keep you, your family and the new show in my prayers and pray that only the best will come of this show. Many blessing to you and your family.

8. Paulette
    April 5, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I wish you the best of luck Candace and I will be praying for you.

9. John J. Libretti
    April 6, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Candace, you are a wonderful role model for us all. You are a beautiful person both inside and out. God lives inside of you and you in Him. He works through you to spread His good word so that others will find happiness as well. God and family are the most important things in our lives, and you cherish that dearly. Valeri is a very lucky man to have found you. Growing up with Full House was like having the family I’ve always wanted. The Tanners always came up with a positive resolution to any family problem they had – God’s way. It will always be my favorite show. I’ll always cherish the day when I handed you roses and a letter 15 years ago at the FAO Schwarz toy store in Manhattan, NY at your autograph signing. You are a special person and I will always pray for your well-being. Please pray for me too. Hope you have a wonderful birthday today and May God Bless you always…

John Libretti

10. April 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you! We’ll be watching!!!

11. Annette
    April 23, 2009 at 1:30 PM

I will be praying for you Candace! I remember you from Full House and I look forward to the new show. God bless you! Annette

12. May 11, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Hi candace! good luck with everything! and glad to see you back doing your thing. you’re a blessing to many christian women. and a breath of fresh air in the entertainment business…oh,candace,do you have a twitter?? just wanted to make sure. cause I’m on of your followers! LOL!

13. Dwayne & Rebecca
    May 24, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Hi Candace,

We Wanted To Stop By To Show Our Support For you and All Your Wonderful Work You Do..
    God Bless You For Your Wonderful and Kind Work..

We Added You On Myspace & Facebook.. We Hope to Have you stop By To Leave a Quick Comment.. We Would Be Glad to Have you Stop By.. Your Always Welcomed..

Have a Wonderful and Blessful Day Everyday With Your Family..

Your Fans Always,
    Dwayne & Rebecca 🙂

14. December 24, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Thank you so much, for the great post.!
    i found a youtube video about watching tv online that I would like to share: international Tv Online..
    But seriously, great post and thanks so much !
    I look ahead to your next article !

15. March 27, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Keep working ,great write up! beverly hills carpet cleaning