Thankful His Faithfulness Does Not Depend On Me

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.  Hebrews 13:8

This week I will face a challenge different from any I’ve ever faced.  I’m so thankful that God is my strength in every way.  He gives enough grace for each day.  He gives enough of everything for every situation.  Some days I need more physical strength than others and He provides.  Some days I need mental and emotional help and He gives what I need just when I need it.  Even on those days when I don’t put my trust fully in Him, He is faithful to care perfectly for me.

So,  as I come face to face with this trial, I have every confidence that my God will uphold me every step of the way ~ even when I begin to doubt or step into self~pity or fear.  That’s what’s so awesome about God ~ His faithfulness does not depend on me.   And for that I am thankful!

Isaiah 25:1  LORD, you are my God; I will exalt You and praise Your name, for in perfect faithfulness You have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.

1 Corinthians 10:13  No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind.  And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

1 Thessalonians 5:24 The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.

2 Thessalonians 3:3  But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

7 comments for “Thankful His Faithfulness Does Not Depend On Me

1. November 18, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Giving thanks with you Julie and praying for you, may your blessings over-flow. Love,
    Rhea

2. November 22, 2012 at 7:14 am

Dear Jen: I was very happy to see christian women online services.
    I am a married woman of 48 years who do have 3 children. As most of commenters said I also do have my own problem which let me to far away from GOD`s word,but I`m still with him and he in me.
    Therefore;’ please pray for me.
    GOD bless you

3. November 25, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Bereket thank you so much for commenting on this article. I too am 48 but my children are grown. The thing to remember Bereket is that no matter how far you take yourself away from the Father He never takes Himself away from you. As in the prodigal son we never see the Father berating the son, telling him to never come back or that He was disappointed. No we see the Father waiting optimistically for His son to return. And although he did not chase Him down to stop him from taking the wrong path He always remained faithful and waited for the day He knew was coming…. the day His son returned to Him. And was there scolding or “I told you sos”?No! There was love and celebraton. He loves you the same and waits for your returns in order to celebrate.
    In His Live,
    Julie

4. November 25, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Thanks again Rhea for your encouragement, love and prayers.

5. marygems
    December 1, 2012 at 4:38 am

I have learnt that God is utterly faithful and dependable, so our confidence in Him is always going to be rewarded.
    Oh, How we love Him!!
    He strengthens us, He surrounds us with love, and blesses us with Peace that passes all understanding to GUARD our HEARTS and MINDS.

My prayer readers is that God will be your God in every circumstance. I pray that in every season of your life you will seek Him, rely on Him, press into Him. I pray that you will be rooted in God your God, so that when things do not make sense, you will know deep that HE IS GOD, and HE’S GOT THIS. I pray in the name of Jesus, Who is the WAY, the TRUTH, the LIFE. Amen.

6. December 2, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Thanks so much for the encouragement Marygems. So so true that He’s got this and He is God!

7. April 12, 2013 at 2:39 am

Truely God is faithful and merciful. I’ve now know that he love’s me, even when i was so far from him he has been faithul.